As we noted in October -- Anthony Minghella, who is fresh off his latest film, Breaking and Entering, is planning to adapt the first of the series into a film. The movie, which was written by the director along with Love Actually scribe, Richard Curtis, details the adventures of Precious Ramotswe. Located in Gaborone, Botswana, she is said to be a cross between Kinsey Millhone (the alphabet mysteries) and Miss Marple (Agatha Christie's popular female detective). She specializes in missing husbands, imposters, con men and wayward daughters. For this story, Ramotswe is hunting down a missing child that will lead her into strange situations and danger -- the usual detective fare. Production Weekly reports that the project, which should begin filming this May in Africa, is a combination of tragedy and humor. The idea sounds fresh enough to be quite entertaining. I'm hooked and curious just to see how detective mysteries translate in an African nation. Would you see a Botswanian detective movie?
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!