Those rumors have pretty much been put to rest now, as McAvoy has taken the trouble to call them "rubbish." All the talk began when IGN first reported hearing Paramount contemplating McAvoy for the role formerly played by the late James Doohan, and it's been growing since then. McAvoy's statement, while not exactly slamming the door shut forever, does come pretty close to being a 'no thank you' with regards to the role. Rotten Tomatoes has a full report on what the Scottish dreamboat had to say about being considered for the role. I have to say that I'm surprised by the self-proclaimed Trekkie's statement on Trek XI. I know a few true Star Trek fans that would kill for the opportunity to play a role in the space land dream world, and if he really wanted to be considered, he probably shouldn't have dissed the rumors. Perhaps he needs a talking to by his fan club counterparts.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!