Those rumors have pretty much been put to rest now, as McAvoy has taken the trouble to call them "rubbish." All the talk began when IGN first reported hearing Paramount contemplating McAvoy for the role formerly played by the late James Doohan, and it's been growing since then. McAvoy's statement, while not exactly slamming the door shut forever, does come pretty close to being a 'no thank you' with regards to the role. Rotten Tomatoes has a full report on what the Scottish dreamboat had to say about being considered for the role. I have to say that I'm surprised by the self-proclaimed Trekkie's statement on Trek XI. I know a few true Star Trek fans that would kill for the opportunity to play a role in the space land dream world, and if he really wanted to be considered, he probably shouldn't have dissed the rumors. Perhaps he needs a talking to by his fan club counterparts.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!