The folks over at Bloody-disgusting.com are hosting about 20 new pics from the long-delayed but now approaching release Warner Bros. horror film, The Reaping. The film stars Hilary Swank as a former missionary who now has gone the complete opposite direction and debunks miracles for a living, and ends up coming into contact with some miracles that might not be debunkable. Of the new pics, the most arresting one is of a person with bright red hair who has been killed in some way that seems like slow roasting over an open flame. Another shows Swank approaching what looks like a screen door with some kind of special dagger in her hand. There's also a spooky one of a little girl peering into the camera while a bunch of people behind her seemingly engage in some kind of ritual -- they are all covering their faces with both hands.
Most of the other pics in the bunch are pretty non-informational -- a lot of people staring at giant bugs or shining flashlights into a dark corner, and stuff like that. The Reaping is currently scheduled to hit theaters on April 6 -- Joel Silver recently defended the long delay in an interview, stating that the many special effects just took a long time to complete. With the new release date, it will go head to head with Grindhouse, which strikes me as odd. The Reaping isn't exactly counter-programming to Grindhouse -- is this a wise move?
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!