Kent Alterman is directing the Scot Armstrong script about a struggling basketball team with Ferrel as their owner/coach. Already included in the cast are André Benjamin, Jay Phillips and Daily Show alum Rob Corddry. Tierney was last seen at Sundance in the ensemble drama The Go-Getter, which judging by James' review wasn't bound for a wide release any time soon. This seems like it might be another in a line of "the girl" parts for Tierney, who has played them before with grace despite some not-so-hot scripts in the Ray Romano comedy Welcome To Mooseport and Forces of Nature. Luckily, she was a pretty good straight man on the TV comedy News Radio, so she might be a welcome relief from the guaranteed absurdity of Ferrell and Arnett's performances.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!