Kent Alterman is directing the Scot Armstrong script about a struggling basketball team with Ferrel as their owner/coach. Already included in the cast are André Benjamin, Jay Phillips and Daily Show alum Rob Corddry. Tierney was last seen at Sundance in the ensemble drama The Go-Getter, which judging by James' review wasn't bound for a wide release any time soon. This seems like it might be another in a line of "the girl" parts for Tierney, who has played them before with grace despite some not-so-hot scripts in the Ray Romano comedy Welcome To Mooseport and Forces of Nature. Luckily, she was a pretty good straight man on the TV comedy News Radio, so she might be a welcome relief from the guaranteed absurdity of Ferrell and Arnett's performances.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!