Now Elle has released a trailer for the short, which will premiere on the Sundance Channel on May 8, at 8:30 PM. Raving is the story of a girl (Zooey Deschanel) who is desperate and searching for money in NYC, and the lonely older man (Bill Irwin) who hires her to clean his home. The man is a widower, and in a bit of poor judgment the girl puts on a dress that belonged to his wife. Instead of getting angry, the man seems to use her to relive the past. This changes the girl's life, because, as Elle's byline for the film states: "Sometimes a dress can change your life." It looks like it is supposed to be a feel-good sort of film, but I don't see how that premise can be anything but creepy. However, it's got Zooey, and she excels at bringing extra quirk and depth to what could be superficial or run-of-the-mill.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!