Now Elle has released a trailer for the short, which will premiere on the Sundance Channel on May 8, at 8:30 PM. Raving is the story of a girl (Zooey Deschanel) who is desperate and searching for money in NYC, and the lonely older man (Bill Irwin) who hires her to clean his home. The man is a widower, and in a bit of poor judgment the girl puts on a dress that belonged to his wife. Instead of getting angry, the man seems to use her to relive the past. This changes the girl's life, because, as Elle's byline for the film states: "Sometimes a dress can change your life." It looks like it is supposed to be a feel-good sort of film, but I don't see how that premise can be anything but creepy. However, it's got Zooey, and she excels at bringing extra quirk and depth to what could be superficial or run-of-the-mill.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!