Most of the attention directed at the cars in the film has been the switch for Bumblebee from a VW Bug into a brand new classic Camaro. Fans are already a little miffed at the change; I'm not exactly the biggest Transformers aficionado, but even I thought it should have been a Volkswagen, regardless of what high-profile marketing agreements were in place. Other GM products in the film include a Pontiac Solstice (Jazz), Hummer H2 (Ratchet and a GMC TopKick (Ironhide). Since these cars are already on their way to the marketplace, I would assume any Transformer edition would pretty much be the same car but with an Autobot or Decepticon logo on the back. So it's not exactly groundbreaking design, but could fans resist the lure of driving around in their very own Transformer?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!