- Children of Men (and its DP, Emmanuel Lubezki) won the top feature film honor at the American Society of Cinematographers' Outstanding Achievement Awards. A lot of people are rooting for Lubezki for the Oscar, so you can't feel wrong picking him for your pool.
- The American Cinema Editors Eddie Awards had a tie for its top award for dramatic film editing, which went to Babel editors Stephen Mirrione and Douglas Crise and The Departed editor Thelma Schoonmaker. The ACE also gives out a comedy/musical award, which this year went to Dreamgirls editor Virginia Katz and a documentary award, which this year went to An Inconvenient Truth editors Jay Lash Cassidy and Dan Swietlik. Both Babel and The Departed are nominated for editing Oscars, but since Schoonmaker has already won twice, Mirrione has won only once and Crise has never won, expect the award to go to Babel.
- The Costume Designer Guild splits their awards into three categories. The period film winner is Chung Man Yee for The Curse of the Golden Flower. The fantasy film winner is Lala Huete for Pan's Labyrinth. The contemporary film winner is Consolata Boyle for The Queen. Both Chung Man Yee and Consolata Boyle are nominated for Oscars, but the Academy will likely choose something from a period piece. Then again, my predictions for the guild awards were all wrong.
- The Art Directors Guild Awards are also split in the same manner, and the honored films were nearly identical to the costumers' honored (and nearly identical to my predictions). The period film winner is Tingxiao Huo for The Curse of the Golden Flower. The fantasy film winner is Eugenio Caballero for Pan's Labyrinth. The contemporary film winner is Peter Lamont for Casino Royale. Of these winners, only Caballero is nominated for an Oscar.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!