Even after the whirlwind of hype surrounding Snakes on a Plane, I think most people would be hard pressed to remember the name of it's director, David R. Ellis. Considering the ... mixed reaction Snakes received from critics and audiences, it's probably in the best interest of Ellis' career that it stays that way. So despite the bad reviews and cries of manufactured zeitgeist, Ellis seems to have managed to walk away unscathed and is already hard at work on his new film, Asylum. Now Variety has announced that Ellis, a former child actor and stunt man, is also attached to direct and co-produce the action thriller High Stakes for Persistent Entertainment.
The story follows two friends on a gambling trip to Las Vegas who rack up a gambling debt to the wrong people. The friends are then forced to become the subjects of a dangerous high-stakes bet to pay off their marker. Ronnie Christensen (Passengers) wrote the script and the film is set to start shooting this spring. There is no word on a cast yet, so Ellis and company are going to have to work quickly if they want to stick to their schedule.
- Reese Witherspoon's Instagram Will Make You Fall in Love With Her All Over Again - POPSUGAR
- Child Stars: Where Are They Now? - Mom.me
- The Stars of Outlander Drop Hints on the Show's "Graphic" and "Uncomfortable" Return - POPSUGAR
- Disney Is Making A Live-Action ‘Mulan’ Movie! - College Candy
- Prepare For Binging: A List of All the Netflix Originals Premiere Dates for 2015 Read More: Netflix Originals Premiere Dates for 2015 - ScreenCrush
- Everyone's Talking About These Selena Gomez Jokes From Justin Bieber's Roast - POPSUGAR
- Can You Guess the Future Celebrity Parent? - Mom.me
- Melissa McCarthy Suits Up For Danger In ‘Spy’ Trailer - Screen Junkies
- The Mad Men Cast: Where Are They Now? - Vulture
- Comedy Central Makes a Long-Term Investment in Trevor Noah - Vulture