Believe it or not, her portrayal of Karen (a role originally played by Madonna) has been given such descriptors as "tour de force," "finds unexpected dimensions in Mamet's flat language as she amplifies and explicates, pouts and whines, in an extraordinary, uninhibited and totally adorable exhibition of verbal foreplay" and finally, "Silverstone's performance alone makes going to the play not only worthwhile, but, for Hollywood types, essential." While her co-stars have been told to tweak, she has seems to have shined. This is great news for the actress, and I can only hope that such glowing words will help lead her to better roles and more solid and impressive performances on-screen.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!