The film, which Spade will write with Fred Wolf, has been picked up by Columbia Pictures. It will cover one weekend at a public park, where three families get involved in a turf battle to snare the same camping spot. It sounds like a cross between If This is It and Beat It, but maybe that's just me. The pair co-wrote Dickie Roberts and Joe Dirt, if that gives you an idea about what to expect. However, there is some promise with the inclusion of Chris Rock as Spade's co-star. Sure, the man was involved with Pootie Tang, but he's also done Dogma and has that popular sitcom. Then again, I think I'm just trying to find the good in this news.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!