Maybe it's because I didn't see the movie until years after its release, but I never thought this was Hughes' best work, and I think the concept could stand a 're-imagining.' I've long thought that rather than classic films, movies that didn't work perfectly the first time around should be the subject of remakes, and I think Weird Science qualifies. Even if the original was not a masterpiece, it has certainly left its mark. The theme song by Oingo Boingo has gone on to be pretty well known in its own right, and the film was adapted into a TV series which debuted in 1994 on the USA Network and ran for 88 episodes, with Vanessa Angel in the Kelly LeBrock role. Casting the new object of computer-generated perfection will obviously be the big challenge.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!