No, this isn't a horror remake. Instead, it's the story about a Division 3 deaf football program who gets a Division 1A college football coach after he suffers a near-fatal car accident. This time, Matlin won't be an art professor but rather the university's psychologist, who is also a prominent figure in the deaf community. The screenplay comes from the pen of Doug McKeon, who isn't a stranger to sports films and feel-good stories. His previous script, The Boys of Sunset Ridge dealt with the lives of four men through golf, and his last feature, Come Away Home, was all sorts of family melodrama. However, hopefully this film won't fall prey to the melodramatic traps of feel-good features.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!