Once was written and directed by John Carney, and won the World Cinema Audience Award for a dramatic film at Sundance this year. James Rocchi caught the film at Sundance and said it "isn't just the standard-issue struggling artist story it could have been, but, rather, a symbol for moving on, daring to be happy, daring to reach out." Once sounds like a charming love story, and hopefully, since a larger distributor like Fox Searchlight has the film, more of us will get the opportunity to see it later this year. Other movies Fox Searchlight bought at Sundance include the Adrienne Shelly film Waitress, Joshua and La Misma Luna (partnering with The Weinstein Company).
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!