Usually most of your low profile horror flicks head straight to video, but sometimes movies manage to create enough buzz to help ease the transition from a late night guilty pleasure to big screen debut. IGN has a first look at the trailer for the new horror flick The Abandoned. The film was a part of the recent After Dark Horrorfest and was directed by Nacho Cerdà. The story centers on a woman who is looking for her parents and is brought to the spot of her mother's murder -- and in true haunted house fashion -- the house has plans of its own. The trailer looks promising, not groundbreaking mind you, but it would seem there's some scares to be had. Even the poster is kind of spooky, although porcelain dolls have always creeped me out, so it might just be me. The Abandoned opens February 23.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!