Usually most of your low profile horror flicks head straight to video, but sometimes movies manage to create enough buzz to help ease the transition from a late night guilty pleasure to big screen debut. IGN has a first look at the trailer for the new horror flick The Abandoned. The film was a part of the recent After Dark Horrorfest and was directed by Nacho Cerdà. The story centers on a woman who is looking for her parents and is brought to the spot of her mother's murder -- and in true haunted house fashion -- the house has plans of its own. The trailer looks promising, not groundbreaking mind you, but it would seem there's some scares to be had. Even the poster is kind of spooky, although porcelain dolls have always creeped me out, so it might just be me. The Abandoned opens February 23.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!