September Dawn, which is directed by Christopher Cain, also stars Lolita Davidovich, Dean Cain (the second actor in the cast, after Stamp, to have once played a survivor of the planet Krypton), Trent Ford, Tamara Hope, Jon Gries, Taylor Handley, Krisinda Cain and Shaun Johnston. The film depicts the Mountain Meadow Massacre, which involved (according to Wikipedia) the deaths of over 100 California-bound Arkansas emigrants in southwestern Utah at the hands of Mormon settlers. There remains much debate about the actual details of the tragedy. The story was previously told in the 2004 documentary Burying the Past: Legacy of the Mountain Meadows Massacre. Director Cain told Variety that he was drawn to the project because the story reflects modern religious fanaticism. Ironically enough, the attack took place on September 11, 1857.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!