While this doesn't sound like much in the greater scheme of things, the PGA award does hold clout. Over the last 17 years, the guild's choice has matched the Academy's choice 11 times. One of the off years was last, where the PGA chose Brokeback Mountain, but really, they weren't alone. Now, after a few months of Oscar chatter for the likes of Dreamgirls and The Departed, Sunshine is stealing the stage again. Sunshine producer Marc Turtletaub, in his acceptance speech, shared the one key scene that convinced him to back the project -- when the grandfather tells Dwayne to have sex with as many women as he can: "I mean, like a thousand." There you go, folks. We get to laugh and maybe just have an incredibly rare comedic award winner because of a horny old man and his lecherous teachings!
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!