- The Weinstein Company and Lionsgate secured worldwide distribution rights to Teeth (pictured at right), the bizarre horror movie about a young woman with a case of vagina dentata. It's the feature debut for writer-director Mitchell Lichtenstein. No financial details have yet been disclosed. One important detail: Harvey Weinstein doesn't want the film cut to qualify for an R rating -- apparently he thinks those more graphic scenes are "the fun part." As David Poland explains, TWC normally partners in theatrical releases with MGM, which is required to go through the MPAA ratings process. Since Teeth will likely remain unrated, Lionsgate would handle the U.S. theatrical release. Scott Weinberg enjoyed the film very much, calling it "one of the grade-A highlights of this year's Sundance Film Festival." I originally found the concept of this film extremely distasteful, but I'm starting to reconsider this Austin-shot film.
- Warner Independent Pictures has made its first deal of the festival, buying the North American and UK theatrical distribution rights for the Australian feature Clubland at an estimated price of $4 milllion. The film was directed by Cherie Nowlan, who's directed movies for Australian television. The cast includes British character actress Brenda Blethyn. Clubland, which premiered Sunday night at Sundance, is a coming-of-age film about a young man's romance that affects his family. This one sounds like my kind of movie -- I'm a sucker for anything where the family is described as "unconventional."
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!