Crazy Love premiered at Sundance on Friday night, although industry pre-screenings supposedly occurred beforehand in New York and Los Angeles. The documentary was directed by Dan Klores and co-produced by Klores and actor/filmmaker Fisher Stevens. It's about Linda Riss and Burt Pugach and their tumultuous (to the point of incredulity) relationship. James Rocchi described Crazy Love as a "horrible, clammy, grim and pathetic tale of co-dependent madness," which actually makes me more interested in the film. I'm weird that way. But how successful are pathetic tales at the box office? At least three distribution companies seemed to think that audiences would love to exercise their voyeuristic tendencies with this twistedly romantic story. Magnolia hasn't yet announced a timeline for release.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!