The prolific and wonderful actor is currently in negotiations to star as Nathan in French director Gilles Bourdos' treatment of Afterwards -- an adaptation of Guillaume Musso's novel Et après... As a young boy, Nathan drowns in a lake and is declared dead, yet somehow wakes up. A few decades later, Nathan is living as a recently-divorced, great lawyer in New York and has forgotten about his death-defying experience. Then he meets a man who claims to have the power to sense when people are going to die. Obviously, Nathan does not believe the strange man until strange events confirm the claims. Dum, dum, dum! The novel is said to be the birth of "Style Musso," which is an amalgam of love, mystery and existential debate. It sounds like one of those movies that could be more of the same tired themes, or completely fresh. With Whitaker ready to jump on board, I'm leaning towards the latter.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!