The prolific and wonderful actor is currently in negotiations to star as Nathan in French director Gilles Bourdos' treatment of Afterwards -- an adaptation of Guillaume Musso's novel Et après... As a young boy, Nathan drowns in a lake and is declared dead, yet somehow wakes up. A few decades later, Nathan is living as a recently-divorced, great lawyer in New York and has forgotten about his death-defying experience. Then he meets a man who claims to have the power to sense when people are going to die. Obviously, Nathan does not believe the strange man until strange events confirm the claims. Dum, dum, dum! The novel is said to be the birth of "Style Musso," which is an amalgam of love, mystery and existential debate. It sounds like one of those movies that could be more of the same tired themes, or completely fresh. With Whitaker ready to jump on board, I'm leaning towards the latter.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!