Considering his efforts as an Arab-American advocate (he helped create the Arab-American Filmmaker Award Competition), Shalhoub should, in time, not only be a successful Hollywood actor, but also a big name for Arab-American relations -- especially after the release of American East. Buzz links the film closely with 9/11, but it is more than just a story about Arabs in America when the Twin Towers fell. The plot revolves around a Jewish-Egyptian-American played by Shalhoub, who agrees to start a restaurant with an Islamic-Egyptian-American -- Skinny Legs and All, anyone? While there are no travelling dirty socks and conch shells in the film, or so I assume, there is a good cast ranging from The L Word's Sarah Shahi to Laura Palmer's creepy father, Ray Wise. The film is directed by Hesham Issawi, who also directed Shalhoub in T for Terrorist, and should be out some time this year.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!