I have to admit that normally I don't wonder about any of these things, because usually at Christmastime I have a number of other things occupying my mind, whether it's worrying about what to give my own grandmother, or looking forward to seeing all the nieces and nephews. Still, I realize there's a certain amount of amusement you can derive from imagining celebrity holiday celebrations. This year, celebrity holiday news includes pregnancy news, divorce, injury, a fire and a little charity. Sounds like a normal holiday to me.
- A number of movie personalities had their holiday getaway ruined by fire. Jake and Maggie Gyllenhaal, Frances McDormand and Joel Coen were all staying at a Marin County inn that caught fire shortly after Christmas.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner spent Christmas Eve in a W. Virginia church, having their one-year-old daughter Violet baptized. That's wonderfully normal. I really am starting to warm up to Affleck again.
- Actor-turned-California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger had a much more difficult holiday. He broke his leg while skiing with his family, just before Christmas.
- And what are Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt up to during the holidays? I know you've been dying to find out which country they've been exploring. This week they vacationed in Costa Rica at a luxury resort, although they did spend Christmas day helping Colombian refugees. They also took a side trip to visit the Panama Canal.
- A little gift for Julia Roberts and her husband: Roberts has announced that she's expecting again. The baby is due in summer of 2007. This will be her third child -- she already has two-year-old twins, Hazel and Phinneas.
- Happy single New Year: Sandra Oh and director Alexander Payne are now officially divorced after nearly three years of marriage, including a year and a half of separation.
- One scary photo: This Lindsay Lohan outfit was described by TMZ as "a lacy black negligee," but honestly, it looks like she picked up a thrift-store skirt and decided to use it as a dress.