Nevertheless, while the details are mired in fact and fiction, it seems as though Queen Elizabeth II is a fan of Stephen Frears' treatment of her life. While no specific word on the film has been released from the royal icon, Helen Mirren, Frears, screenwriter Peter Morgan and the film's producer, Andy Harries, have received "a discreeet invitation" to have lunch at Buckingham Palace in the New Year. Word isn't clear whether this is a lunch WITH the Queen, or just some tasty treats in the Palace. I guess that giving an un-said seal of approval is much different than face-to-face recorded approval. However, according to some buzz at the Daily Mail, the Queen has claimed the film is her favorite of the year. We'll have to wait until the lunch happens to see if Queen's filmmakers get approving validation straight from the source, or if their contact with the Queen will be restricted to word from her private secretary, Sir Robin Janvrin.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!