Variety has reported that Sheldon Turner, writer of The Longest Yard and Magneto, the X-Men spin-off, will pen the script, which will be produced by Jennifer Klein. The pair acquired the rights to an unpublished manuscript that James wrote about his life, before he passed away in 2004, that they plan to publish when the film comes out. They've also secured the rights to his music -- really, what would the film be without that very kinky girl? According to Turner, it will not be a "typical rags-to-riches-to-drugs music biopic," and instead will follow James' partying and feuding. In that case, this might just be the most fun biopic ever. When was the last time we had a film based on a musician that wasn't fuelled by drama?
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!