Variety has reported that Sheldon Turner, writer of The Longest Yard and Magneto, the X-Men spin-off, will pen the script, which will be produced by Jennifer Klein. The pair acquired the rights to an unpublished manuscript that James wrote about his life, before he passed away in 2004, that they plan to publish when the film comes out. They've also secured the rights to his music -- really, what would the film be without that very kinky girl? According to Turner, it will not be a "typical rags-to-riches-to-drugs music biopic," and instead will follow James' partying and feuding. In that case, this might just be the most fun biopic ever. When was the last time we had a film based on a musician that wasn't fuelled by drama?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!