In September, Erik Davis shared the first bits of information to come out about his upcoming novel and screenplay -- The Abstinence Teacher. Now there is a little more plot to share, and two people who might make it come to life. Abstinence focuses on, no surprise, a small town in middle-America. A divorced sex-ed teacher and mother of two finds herself fighting conservative groups and trying to teach sex education while becoming interested in her daughter's soccer coach, who is born-again. The duo who wants to bring it to the big screen -- Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, the husband and wife team who brought us Little Miss Sunshine. They sound like a perfect fit for Perotta's darkly comedic social commentary. If they land the gig, who would be cast? I can't help but think that Mary-Louise Parker and Martin Donovan should continue their on-screen flings, since the scenario treads on familiar territory.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!