In September, Erik Davis shared the first bits of information to come out about his upcoming novel and screenplay -- The Abstinence Teacher. Now there is a little more plot to share, and two people who might make it come to life. Abstinence focuses on, no surprise, a small town in middle-America. A divorced sex-ed teacher and mother of two finds herself fighting conservative groups and trying to teach sex education while becoming interested in her daughter's soccer coach, who is born-again. The duo who wants to bring it to the big screen -- Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, the husband and wife team who brought us Little Miss Sunshine. They sound like a perfect fit for Perotta's darkly comedic social commentary. If they land the gig, who would be cast? I can't help but think that Mary-Louise Parker and Martin Donovan should continue their on-screen flings, since the scenario treads on familiar territory.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!