In September, Erik Davis shared the first bits of information to come out about his upcoming novel and screenplay -- The Abstinence Teacher. Now there is a little more plot to share, and two people who might make it come to life. Abstinence focuses on, no surprise, a small town in middle-America. A divorced sex-ed teacher and mother of two finds herself fighting conservative groups and trying to teach sex education while becoming interested in her daughter's soccer coach, who is born-again. The duo who wants to bring it to the big screen -- Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris, the husband and wife team who brought us Little Miss Sunshine. They sound like a perfect fit for Perotta's darkly comedic social commentary. If they land the gig, who would be cast? I can't help but think that Mary-Louise Parker and Martin Donovan should continue their on-screen flings, since the scenario treads on familiar territory.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!