- The Paramount production will be done in 3-D style CGI, not at all unlike those Shrek flicks.
- The plan is to do a full trilogy, one that fills in all the "holes" of the TV series.
- The folks who presently run the little blue juggernaut originally created by the late Peyo -- "loved" the ideas that Kerner & Co. came up with. And since the guy was pursuing the movie rights for about half a decade, I guess one could take that reaction as a good sign. (Or at least a potentially profitable one.)
- The producer wants the Smurfs trilogy to feel like a lighter and goofier version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy: Epic and adventure-packed, but still sweet and silly.
- Regarding the nefarious Gargamel, we're promised a lot of backstory on the villain ... plus it seems that the fantastic John Lithgow is being considered for the role.
But then the guy had to go and kinda ruin it by promising the world a movie called The Mighty Ducks 4.