The movie, which is being marketed as half coming-of-age story and half heist flick, follows Mongon through his criminal education to his eventual arrest in 2004. Mongon ran a gang of dozens of teens who robbed freight trains and transport trucks for profits that ran up into the millions. Police never caught him, but when his girlfriend and mother were charged with money laundering, he turned himself over to authorities. New Line already had a working script with Chris Murphey, but Core will be pulling double duty overseeing a re-write of the story. Core seems to have a flair for biography, as he will also be at the helm for the biopic Liberty, an action- thriller about the winner of the 1946 Boston Marathon who fled the Nazi occupation of Greece. No casting announcements have been made for Conrail, but there should be plenty of spots up for grabs for those assorted Hollywood "It" boys.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!