Two bits of Shrek related news came out of the third quarter 2006 earnings report from DreamWorks. First, Shrek 4 is definitely still on the way, but it'll take awhile before we see it -- summer of 2010 is the current target. Yes, this means most of the original child audience for the Shrek line will have grown significantly, but hey, the film obviously appeals to far more than just children. And I can always hope the new generation will have moved on to other fads and Shrek 4 will be the last of the franchise, right? Wrong. After Shrek 4 we get the Puss in Boots movie, which is no longer expected to be a DVD release between Shrek 3 and Shrek 4, but rather a theatric release sometime after Shrek 4. Of course, all these plans are subject to change dependent on the success of the third Shrek film next year, which already seems to be trying to commit suicide by casting Justin Timberlake.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!