Two bits of Shrek related news came out of the third quarter 2006 earnings report from DreamWorks. First, Shrek 4 is definitely still on the way, but it'll take awhile before we see it -- summer of 2010 is the current target. Yes, this means most of the original child audience for the Shrek line will have grown significantly, but hey, the film obviously appeals to far more than just children. And I can always hope the new generation will have moved on to other fads and Shrek 4 will be the last of the franchise, right? Wrong. After Shrek 4 we get the Puss in Boots movie, which is no longer expected to be a DVD release between Shrek 3 and Shrek 4, but rather a theatric release sometime after Shrek 4. Of course, all these plans are subject to change dependent on the success of the third Shrek film next year, which already seems to be trying to commit suicide by casting Justin Timberlake.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!