It is always a risk to sequel or remake a "cult classic" film, as it's tough to capture that sort of magic twice. Nonetheless, Henson Company is teaming up with director Genndy Tartakovsky and original script writer David Odell in a bold attempt to sequel one of the film properties the company did not sell off to Disney. If a team can be assembled to bring this thing to fruition, I imagine these would be the folks to do it. Odell provides the best link to the previous flick, as he and Henson had discussed sequel plans in the past, and thus fans can be assured the basic outline of the new film was contrived with none other than Jim himself. If you are interested in seeing some early concept art/storyboards for the film, I suggest you swing on by MTV and check out their write-up. As excited as I am for this flick, I'm even more anxious for the occasionally discussed Fraggle Rock movie. I mean, at the rate the old Henson team has been dropping, we need to get to work on that while we've still got the cast more or less intact.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!