CATEGORIES Action, Animation, Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Foreign Language, Gay & Lesbian, Horror, Romance, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Thrillers, Site Announcements, Casting, Executive shifts, Celebrities and Controversy, Box Office, Scripts, Newsstand, Movie Marketing, Politics, Obits, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels, Games and Game Movies, Oscar Watch, Columns, Cinematical Indie, Movie News, Announcements, Oscar News, UK Box Office, Columns, Cinematical, UK Box Office
Just in case you missed them the first time around, here's a round-up of what we've been talking about on Cinematical this week:
Interviews, Columns, and Hot Topics
- Ryan Stewart Interviews 49 Up's Michael Apted
- What Makes a Black Film Authentic?
- Kevin Costner as Neo?!? And Other Near Disasters
- Erik Davis Covers The Departed Junket
- Jim Carrey Ain't Got No Game
- Cinematical Seven: The "Retro-Movie" Videogames
- Jeff Anderson's 400 Screens, 400 Blows: Streep Smart
- Mark Beall's Geek Beat: Marvel Musings
- Should a Film's Subjects Have a Say in Its Rating?
- Does the World Really Need Mr. Woodcock?
- Scene Stealers: Tom Wilson
- Film Blog Group Hug: Enter Witty Post Title Here
- Major Shakeup at Village Voice Leaves Only J Hoberman Standing
More, much more, after the jump ...
This Week's Reviews
- The Departed -- James' Take
- The Departed -- Jeff's Take
- Little Children
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning -- Scott's Take
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning -- Jette's Take
- 49 Up- Ryan's Take
- 49 Up -- Erik's Take
- Employee of the Month
- Gardens in Autumn
- Wal-Mart Controls the Future of Movie Downloads
- A Sequel to War Games?
- Who Should Be the Next Die Hard Baddie?
- Sweden, Denmark and Norway Announce Oscar Entries
- Movies in the Fantasy Sports Realm
- Jeffrey Wright is Die Hard's Villain?
- Gael Garcia Bernal as the Next Bourne Bad Guy?
- Iowa Theater Censors Jackass 2
- Scarlett Johansson Wants You to Admire Her Sexy Boobs, Er, Gallbladder
- Spiderwick Casting News
- David Lynch Wants You to Practice Transcendental Meditation
- No More Movies for George Lucas?
- Kubrick: Crusie and Kidman Ruined Eyes Wide Shut
- New 300 Trailer is Awesome
- Augusten Burroughs -- Not Just Running With Scissors
- The Return of Ron Burgundy
- Russian Journalist Anna Politkovskaya Murdered
Geek and Horror News
- Fantastic Fest Award Winners
- Marvel Does Some Rearranging
- MJ and Gwen Are Friends
- Peter Cullen on Being Prime
- Win a Chance to Make Optimus Prime Speak
- Uwe Boll Continues to Grow Progressively More Insane
- God Help Us, More Uwe Boll
- Heath Ledger Talks More Joker
- Nolan Confirms Harvey Dent
- Iron Man and Jean Grey
- Joss Whedon Says No More Serenity
- Iron Man and Hulk Officially In Marvel's Warchest
- Frank Miller's 300 Pages-to-Panels Comparison
- After Dark Horror Fest: Last Stop Before Wal-Mart
- Director Defends Ghost Rider Trailer