- Although Ledger, like everyone else alive, has been familiar with the Batman mythos for some time, he wasn't particularly keen on being in a Batman film at first. Nolan sold him on the idea.
- Ledger is excited for the chance to plan an "iconic" role, particularly one which is so far removed from anything he's done yet.
- He has been told the part will be like "watching a car wreck that won't stop." The role will also be exceptionally deep.
- Like all good actors, Ledger isn't bothered by fans who don't like him. If an actor was stopped by a handful of upset fans, he'd never work again. A rather good point, all things considered.
- Ledger knows better than to try and recreate the work of Nicholson. He is fully aware he can't recreate Nicholson's work, and he has a different director with a different vision.
- He's always figured he'd know he really "made it" when he was turned into an action figure.
While I still don't understand Ledger's anti-comic book rant, I continue to support his casting and expect he'll do well. I just wish he'd embrace the community he's working for. It is hard to get behind a guy who gleefully insults your hobbies.