So you can imagine I was disappointed when Erik reported a couple of weeks ago that Fox had postponed the film indefinitely. Fortunately, this week's Austin Chronicle has some news confirming the "limited release," which isn't the usual NYC-and-LA routine. Starting next Friday, Sept. 1, Idiocracy will play in Austin, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, and LA. For once, Texans get to see a movie before New Yorkers. Does this mean that we're going to be very lucky and unearth a hidden comedy classic before the rest of the country, or really sorry to suffer through a clunker? We'll find out next weekend. In the meantime, I can't find a single trailer, promotional Web page, or photos for the film beyond some blurred images of the poster and those two stills that everyone on the Web keeps using over and over.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!