According to today's Variety, Roth not only stars in Francis Ford Coppola's recently-wrapped indie flick Youth Without Youth, but will also be in two other features due out in the next 18 months or so. Though not big studio releases, both films are the work of major international directors, so it looks like Roth is still choosing primarily projects that just interest him, whether they're going to pay a lot or not. Which, you know, is pretty damn awesome. And if that's not the case, I think he's made a tragic mistake -- there's no way he's going to get several million, for example, for appearing in Wong Kar Wai's road movie, My Blueberry Nights. (WHY did we not know he was in this before? I could so have been part of the blogger-stalking of the NYC set. For Cinematical, I mean.) Then, after Blueberry Nights finishes shooting (which, knowing Wong, could be in 2010), Roth will move on to a starring role alongside Naomi Watts in Funny Games, Michael Haneke's remake of his own 1997 film of the same name.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!