According to today's Variety, Roth not only stars in Francis Ford Coppola's recently-wrapped indie flick Youth Without Youth, but will also be in two other features due out in the next 18 months or so. Though not big studio releases, both films are the work of major international directors, so it looks like Roth is still choosing primarily projects that just interest him, whether they're going to pay a lot or not. Which, you know, is pretty damn awesome. And if that's not the case, I think he's made a tragic mistake -- there's no way he's going to get several million, for example, for appearing in Wong Kar Wai's road movie, My Blueberry Nights. (WHY did we not know he was in this before? I could so have been part of the blogger-stalking of the NYC set. For Cinematical, I mean.) Then, after Blueberry Nights finishes shooting (which, knowing Wong, could be in 2010), Roth will move on to a starring role alongside Naomi Watts in Funny Games, Michael Haneke's remake of his own 1997 film of the same name.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!