According to today's Variety, Roth not only stars in Francis Ford Coppola's recently-wrapped indie flick Youth Without Youth, but will also be in two other features due out in the next 18 months or so. Though not big studio releases, both films are the work of major international directors, so it looks like Roth is still choosing primarily projects that just interest him, whether they're going to pay a lot or not. Which, you know, is pretty damn awesome. And if that's not the case, I think he's made a tragic mistake -- there's no way he's going to get several million, for example, for appearing in Wong Kar Wai's road movie, My Blueberry Nights. (WHY did we not know he was in this before? I could so have been part of the blogger-stalking of the NYC set. For Cinematical, I mean.) Then, after Blueberry Nights finishes shooting (which, knowing Wong, could be in 2010), Roth will move on to a starring role alongside Naomi Watts in Funny Games, Michael Haneke's remake of his own 1997 film of the same name.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!