Instead of frantically pulling things together after the host is announced (which has been the policy in the past), the Academy has already hired Spike Lee -- yes, that Spike Lee -- to direct this year's campaign. Since the campaign will actually be shaped by ad agency TBWA\Chiat\Day -- a group that has been pursing the Oscars gig for three years -- it's unclear whether "direct" means "supervise," or actually be the man behind each of the spots. Whatever Lee's role, we can only hope it will lead to Mars Blackman shaking off the mothballs, and pushing Oscars instead of Nikes.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!