Instead of frantically pulling things together after the host is announced (which has been the policy in the past), the Academy has already hired Spike Lee -- yes, that Spike Lee -- to direct this year's campaign. Since the campaign will actually be shaped by ad agency TBWA\Chiat\Day -- a group that has been pursing the Oscars gig for three years -- it's unclear whether "direct" means "supervise," or actually be the man behind each of the spots. Whatever Lee's role, we can only hope it will lead to Mars Blackman shaking off the mothballs, and pushing Oscars instead of Nikes.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!