Instead of frantically pulling things together after the host is announced (which has been the policy in the past), the Academy has already hired Spike Lee -- yes, that Spike Lee -- to direct this year's campaign. Since the campaign will actually be shaped by ad agency TBWA\Chiat\Day -- a group that has been pursing the Oscars gig for three years -- it's unclear whether "direct" means "supervise," or actually be the man behind each of the spots. Whatever Lee's role, we can only hope it will lead to Mars Blackman shaking off the mothballs, and pushing Oscars instead of Nikes.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!