- Loving Annabelle: Directed by reality TV vet Katharine Brooks, the movie tells "The controversial story of a highly accomplished Catholic school teacher, who falls in love with her student, Annabelle," and picked up acting and audience awards at this year's Outfest (though it didn't wow Variety).
- Outing Riley: A 2004 feature written by, directed and starring Pete Jones, the guy who made Stolen Summer, the first (and bad) Project Greenlight flick. Outing Riley tells the story of an Irish-Catholic kid and his coming-out.
- Follow My Voice: With The Music Of Hedwig: A doc about the recording of a benefit album consisting of songs from, yes, Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The films screened at Tribeca this year, where it failed to impress Chris.
- Sun Kissed: Directed by Byrd-spawn Patrick McGuinn, the film tells a vaguely surreal story about a love triangle and a disappearance. With a soundtrack by indie band Sea and Cake, the movie was harshly described in Variety as "a poorly crafted grab-bag of ideas barely elaborated upon enough to sustain a 20-minute short." Ouch.
- Open Cam: If Variety's review is to be believed, Open Cam proves that it's not just the straights who make crappy movies about the internet. Though ostensibly about a serial killer who uses a gay chat site to find his victims, the movie's mostly a chance for director Robert Gaston to show us his "comely cast undressed as often as possible." Not that that's a bad thing.
- Mom: Directed by Erin Greenwell, this one actually sounds like it might be good. A "light, affable and neatly-timed" comedy, the movie is about "a mismatched odd couple of market researchers, one uptight and straight and the other hang-loose and butch" who get stranded in a small town.
- Fabulous! The Story of Queer Cinema: An IFC/Netflix-financed doc that purports to explore 60 years of cinema, albeit in a way that reportedly lacks much depth. The film "methodically ticks off queer cinema landmarks from the mid-20th century to the present, using quotes from assorted talking heads instead of voiceover narration to connect the dots."
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!