What's particularly cool about this deal is that IFC will be releasing the film through First Take (you may recognize the name from that I Am a Sex Addict/Mark Cuban kerfuffle earlier this year), their day-and-date arm tha makes films available both theatrically and via On-Demand, a cable service that is available primarily (only?) to Comcast subscribers. So, if Loach fans in, say, Omaha are lucky enough to have Comcast cable, they'll be able to see the movie on the same day as folks in New York. Which is pretty damn cool for those people in Omaha.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Green Lantern' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' Behind-the-Scenes Fun - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Was Almost a Racy TV Series - POPSUGAR
- 'The Walking Dead' at Comic-Con - HitFix
- 35 Times Ron Burgundy Made You Crack Up - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!