- Milan Records has picked up North American rights to Brasileirinho, a documentary that "[pays] tribute to choro, the musical style that forms the foundation of all Brazilian composition, including samba and bossa nova." Milan also distributed director Mika Kaurismäki's earlier music doc, Sound of Brazil.
- Boy Culture, the only fiction film on the list, is the story of a gay male escort. The movie had its world premiere at this year's Tribeca Film Festival, and focuses on "X, an escort who becomes romantically entangled with his two [male] roommates," as well as an older customer. Distribution rights were purchased by TLA, which has not announced its plans for the film.
- Wrestling With Angels, Freida Lee Mock's documentary about playwright Tony Kushner (Angels in America, Homebody/Kabul, Caroline, or Change), was picked up by Balcony Releasing. Balcony plans to have the film, which "follows the rise of Kushner ... to socially active artist from his roots in the deep South", in theaters in early October.
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!