- Milan Records has picked up North American rights to Brasileirinho, a documentary that "[pays] tribute to choro, the musical style that forms the foundation of all Brazilian composition, including samba and bossa nova." Milan also distributed director Mika Kaurismäki's earlier music doc, Sound of Brazil.
- Boy Culture, the only fiction film on the list, is the story of a gay male escort. The movie had its world premiere at this year's Tribeca Film Festival, and focuses on "X, an escort who becomes romantically entangled with his two [male] roommates," as well as an older customer. Distribution rights were purchased by TLA, which has not announced its plans for the film.
- Wrestling With Angels, Freida Lee Mock's documentary about playwright Tony Kushner (Angels in America, Homebody/Kabul, Caroline, or Change), was picked up by Balcony Releasing. Balcony plans to have the film, which "follows the rise of Kushner ... to socially active artist from his roots in the deep South", in theaters in early October.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!