CATEGORIES Horror, Thrillers, Warner Brothers, Home Entertainment, Remakes and Sequels, Features, CinematicalDespite the often inflated sticker prices, I'm a huge fan of the "DVD box set." My very special "no touching" DVD shelf contains the Alien Quadrilogy, the Star Wars Trilogy, the Godfather Trilogy, Indiana Jones, Matrix, etc., etc. There's just something about getting the whole darn series in one slick box that makes for a happy movie geek. And with November's mega-cool Superman set on the horizon, it looks like a may need to invest in a new shelf.
But here comes word on an upcoming box set that, frankly, I can live without. Streeting October 10th is WB's Exorcist Movie Collection, and here's what's included:
- The original cut of William Friedkin's The Exorcist, a true classic in every sense of the word
- The extended "Version You've Never Seen" (which is a lie because I have seen it)
- John Boorman's frankly horrible Exorcist 2: The Heretic
- William Peter Blatty's The Exorcist 3, which has its fair share of supporters (one of whom is not me)
- Renny Harlin's Exorcist: The Beginning, which kinda stinks
- Paul Schrader's Dominion: A Prequel to the Exorcist, which (no kidding) might be the worst movie title I've ever seen