The crayon movie -- yes, it's really happening -- is called The Hero of Color City, and is described in Variety as "[following] the adventures of a diverse band of crayons as they strive to protect their magical, multihued homeland from an evil tyrant." That part sounds sort of Teletubbies (NOT, by the way, a bad thing. I dig Teletubbies.), except with an evil guy on the horizon. But there's more: The crayons leave their home world (Color City) every day and go to work at a preschool in our world, which sounds a whole lot like Monsters Inc. to me. And also, it must be said, extremely cool -- my only concern is whether a story about crayons (which, let's face it, can't really be all THAT expressive, what with no limbs or hair or clothes or anything) can be sustained for a full 90 minutes. Happily for Exodus, the people at Magnolia have no such concerns, and they've picked up distribution rights to the movie, which they see as "a potential family franchise."
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!