The crayon movie -- yes, it's really happening -- is called The Hero of Color City, and is described in Variety as "[following] the adventures of a diverse band of crayons as they strive to protect their magical, multihued homeland from an evil tyrant." That part sounds sort of Teletubbies (NOT, by the way, a bad thing. I dig Teletubbies.), except with an evil guy on the horizon. But there's more: The crayons leave their home world (Color City) every day and go to work at a preschool in our world, which sounds a whole lot like Monsters Inc. to me. And also, it must be said, extremely cool -- my only concern is whether a story about crayons (which, let's face it, can't really be all THAT expressive, what with no limbs or hair or clothes or anything) can be sustained for a full 90 minutes. Happily for Exodus, the people at Magnolia have no such concerns, and they've picked up distribution rights to the movie, which they see as "a potential family franchise."
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!