While I've not seen the original, it's vaulted to the top of my must-see list based on the reviews I can find online. It sounds wildly irreverent and completely insane, two qualities that seem unlikely to be translated successfully into the American version, since Hollywood is generally unwilling to make its love-object characters too unhinged (in the original, the girl is a "hard-drinking chick who can only express herself through physically assaulting strangers, slinging insults and passing out"). I suppose we can hope, but it won't surprise me in the least if the remake is heavy on the romance and light on the aggression and bizarre behavior -- unless, of course, the latter only shows how troubled the girl is, and how badly she needs to be rescued.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!