While I've not seen the original, it's vaulted to the top of my must-see list based on the reviews I can find online. It sounds wildly irreverent and completely insane, two qualities that seem unlikely to be translated successfully into the American version, since Hollywood is generally unwilling to make its love-object characters too unhinged (in the original, the girl is a "hard-drinking chick who can only express herself through physically assaulting strangers, slinging insults and passing out"). I suppose we can hope, but it won't surprise me in the least if the remake is heavy on the romance and light on the aggression and bizarre behavior -- unless, of course, the latter only shows how troubled the girl is, and how badly she needs to be rescued.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!