While I've not seen the original, it's vaulted to the top of my must-see list based on the reviews I can find online. It sounds wildly irreverent and completely insane, two qualities that seem unlikely to be translated successfully into the American version, since Hollywood is generally unwilling to make its love-object characters too unhinged (in the original, the girl is a "hard-drinking chick who can only express herself through physically assaulting strangers, slinging insults and passing out"). I suppose we can hope, but it won't surprise me in the least if the remake is heavy on the romance and light on the aggression and bizarre behavior -- unless, of course, the latter only shows how troubled the girl is, and how badly she needs to be rescued.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!