Though the story does feature a kid with a death ray (he inherited from his dad, a scientist who also injected him with "an experimental hormone that activates super-strength and heightened sensation through nicotine"), based on this very detailed summary, it's as much about the struggles of growing up as it is living with super powers. Since Clowes has said (seriously, I think) that he plans to change the character from a teenager to a middle-aged adult for the movie, it'll be interesting to see how he reworks his original story to fit the new focus.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!