Though a look at Amazon suggest that the British Weldon isn't too well-known in the US, she's established in the UK, and her books have been quite successful there. The one in question, Puffball, is "a tale of witchcraft and childbirth" in which a pregnant woman is abandoned by her husband, and then find herself the target of assorted spells cast by a neighbor who, for some reason, "believes that the baby ... should rightfully be in her." Erm, ok. The only summary I can find describes the novel as "by turns hilarious and frightening," and Weldon has a reputation of touching on feminist issues in her work. So, basically, it's impossible to imagine what the tone of this one might be, but Roeg has successfully told very odd stories before, so his presence (along with that of Richardson, who plays the witchy neighbor) is an encouraging one.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!