Though a look at Amazon suggest that the British Weldon isn't too well-known in the US, she's established in the UK, and her books have been quite successful there. The one in question, Puffball, is "a tale of witchcraft and childbirth" in which a pregnant woman is abandoned by her husband, and then find herself the target of assorted spells cast by a neighbor who, for some reason, "believes that the baby ... should rightfully be in her." Erm, ok. The only summary I can find describes the novel as "by turns hilarious and frightening," and Weldon has a reputation of touching on feminist issues in her work. So, basically, it's impossible to imagine what the tone of this one might be, but Roeg has successfully told very odd stories before, so his presence (along with that of Richardson, who plays the witchy neighbor) is an encouraging one.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!