Lee was under fire earlier this year for refusing to discredit the theory that the levees had been intentionally bombed in order to flood poor neighborhoods. However, he now claims that the documentary will cite the Army Corps of Engineers' poor construction of the levees as the cause of the flooding. HBO will air When the Levees Broke in two parts on August 21 and 22, and then replay the entire film on August 29, the anniversary of the hurricane's landfall. Tickets for the New Orleans event are free through the Arena box office.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!