The sad thing, friends, is that this really happened -- it's no idle fantasy. New Line has picked up a comedy pitch from the writer of the Dukes of Hazzard prequel. And it's not like they overlooked that based on the quality and stature of his previous work -- that's the only thing he's ever written. The pitch is called Redneck Games, and "centers on a famous athlete who's fallen from grace and tries to redeem himself by competing at the Redneck Games, (which were launched in 1996 as a response to the Summer Olympics in Atlanta)." Man, I just hope Larry The Cable Guy is available, because this thing is going to BLOW UP! Sigh.
- Rock Out With These Epic Singing Scenes From Movies - POPSUGAR
- Charles Dance aka Tywin Lannister Drops 'Game of Thrones' Rumors - HitFix
- See The Latest 'Interstellar' Posters - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- Don't Look at These Horror Movie GIFs With the Light Off - POPSUGAR
- Keanu Reeves Had a Home Invader Chilling in His Library - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- The 17 Worst Ways to Be Killed by Liam Neeson - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!