The sad thing, friends, is that this really happened -- it's no idle fantasy. New Line has picked up a comedy pitch from the writer of the Dukes of Hazzard prequel. And it's not like they overlooked that based on the quality and stature of his previous work -- that's the only thing he's ever written. The pitch is called Redneck Games, and "centers on a famous athlete who's fallen from grace and tries to redeem himself by competing at the Redneck Games, (which were launched in 1996 as a response to the Summer Olympics in Atlanta)." Man, I just hope Larry The Cable Guy is available, because this thing is going to BLOW UP! Sigh.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- GM Almost Screwed Up 'Toy Story,' 'Cars,' & More - AutoBlog
- Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch Rumored for 'True Detective' - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Best Romantic Comedies Since 'When Harry Met Sally' - Vulture
- 11 Loose Ends on 'True Blood' - POPSUGAR
- 10 Ways 'A Hard Day's Night' Changed the World - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- New 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Photos - ScreenCrush
- What We Already Know About 'Star Wars: Episode VII' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!