The sad thing, friends, is that this really happened -- it's no idle fantasy. New Line has picked up a comedy pitch from the writer of the Dukes of Hazzard prequel. And it's not like they overlooked that based on the quality and stature of his previous work -- that's the only thing he's ever written. The pitch is called Redneck Games, and "centers on a famous athlete who's fallen from grace and tries to redeem himself by competing at the Redneck Games, (which were launched in 1996 as a response to the Summer Olympics in Atlanta)." Man, I just hope Larry The Cable Guy is available, because this thing is going to BLOW UP! Sigh.
- 12 Actors You Forgot Were Child Stars - POPSUGAR
- Here's a Look at DC's 'Superman v. Batman' versus Marvel - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Ghostbusters' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- The Highs & Lows of the 2014 Emmys - Vulture
- 19 Amazing Kristen Wiig Moments From 'Bridesmaids' - POPSUGAR
- Woody Harrelson & Matthew McConaughey Charm at the Emmys - Vulture
- Superman & Lois Lane Take the Ice Bucket Challenge - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!