The sad thing, friends, is that this really happened -- it's no idle fantasy. New Line has picked up a comedy pitch from the writer of the Dukes of Hazzard prequel. And it's not like they overlooked that based on the quality and stature of his previous work -- that's the only thing he's ever written. The pitch is called Redneck Games, and "centers on a famous athlete who's fallen from grace and tries to redeem himself by competing at the Redneck Games, (which were launched in 1996 as a response to the Summer Olympics in Atlanta)." Man, I just hope Larry The Cable Guy is available, because this thing is going to BLOW UP! Sigh.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!