- Arthur Franz (1920-2006): A dependable and steadily successful character actor who appeared in many films throughout the '50s before working primarily in television. He was the Invisible Man in Abbot and Costello Meet the Invisible Man, and appeared in Sands of Iwo Jima, The Caine Mutiny, Invaders from Mars, Hellcats of the Navy, The Carpetbaggers. His one starring role was in The Sniper. He died on Saturday of emphysema in Oxnard, California.
- Ruston "Rusty" Hanson (1966-2006): A stuntman in movies including Jurassic Park and Titanic. He died on the 10th in San Juan Capistrano, California.
- Daniel Raffloer (c.1950-2006) - An actor in independent films, including The Cutman, which showed at Sundance in 2003. He died on the 15th.
- Carolyn Stayer (1927-2006): She got into acting after retiring from being a social worker and mostly did local theater and commercial work in Baltimore. Her one film role was playing a bag lady in John Waters' Pecker. She died on the 13th in Parkville, Maryland, of a stroke.
- Asoka Perera (c.1951-2006): A production manager and supervisor for international films shot in Southeast Asia, his credits include Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indochine, Beyond Rangoon and the current release, Water. He died of a heart attack on June 6th in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- Barbara Cohen (1952-2006): A casting associate for Disney in the '80s, she later co-formed the Artz & Cohen casting agency with Mary Gail Artz. Some of the films she casted include Rushmore, I Am Sam, House of Wax, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Greatest Game Ever Played. She died of breast cancer on May 27 in Los Angeles.
- Sir Peter Smithers (1913-2006): The possible model for James Bond, Smithers was in naval intelligence during World War II, alongside his friend Ian Fleming, who wrote the Bond novels. He died on the 8th in Switzerland.
- Camille Stratton (c.1925-2006): Worked for 30 years in the publicity department at Walt Disney Studios. She died May 3 in Woodland Hills, California, after a long illness.
- Harold Lager (c.1938-2006): Worked as: New York branch manager for Universal Pictures; senior salesman for 20th Century Fox; film buyer for United Artists; co-owner of Mini-Theatres, a booking and buying company.
- 7 Wonderfully Weird Bill Murray Shenanigans - POPSUGAR
- Jon Stewart Shames NFL Over Ray Rice - HitFix
- 'Big Hero 6' Preview - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Godzilla' (2014) - ScreenJunkies
- 25 Comic-Book Movies That (Thankfully) Never Happened - Vulture
- These 11 Freaky 'American Horry Story' Gifs Will Give You Nightmares - POPSUGAR
- 16 Shameless Product Placements in TV & Movies - Vulture
- The 5 Best New Comedies This Fall - POPSUGAR
- See Anna Kendrick Singing in 'The Last 5 Years' - Vulture
- 'Frozen' Returning With New Animated Short - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!