Interestingly, The Break-Up continues to do fairly strong business, finishing fifth for the weekend and running its total domestic earnings to just over $91 million. Since the movie cost $52 million to make, I think it's safe to say the folks at Universal are very pleased with their weird relationship movie and its tabloid-magnet stars. On the other side of the coin is WB's sad, sad Poseidon. After a month and a half in release, it's made about $56 million, barely a third of its reported budget. Dear me.
As you know, full numbers are after the jump.
1. Cars, $31.2 million
2. Nacho Libre, $27.5 million
3. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, $24.1 million
4. The Lake House, $13.7 million
5. The Break-Up, $9.5 million
6. Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties, $7.2 million
6. X-Men: The Last Stand, $7.2 million
8. The Omen, $5.4 million
9. The Da Vinci Code, $5 million
10. Over the Hedge, $4 million