Jay Lavender and Jeremy Garelick, the screenwriters behind Jennifer Aniston-Vince Vaughn vehicle The Break-Up, have reportedly signed a two-pic deal on the heels of the romantic-drama's surprising opening weekend success. The film opened with $39 million, which apparently is good enough to get a couple of screenwriters a sweet deal next time around. The scribes reportedly have a deal for two top-secret comedies worth $2-3 million, which could be worth more if both films end up getting produced. The writing team's wave of success broke when the pair was tapped by Vaughn to script his idea for The Break-Up (for which he also received story cred). That script sold at auction for a sweet $2.25 million. Nice gig if you can get it, eh?
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!