Jay Lavender and Jeremy Garelick, the screenwriters behind Jennifer Aniston-Vince Vaughn vehicle The Break-Up, have reportedly signed a two-pic deal on the heels of the romantic-drama's surprising opening weekend success. The film opened with $39 million, which apparently is good enough to get a couple of screenwriters a sweet deal next time around. The scribes reportedly have a deal for two top-secret comedies worth $2-3 million, which could be worth more if both films end up getting produced. The writing team's wave of success broke when the pair was tapped by Vaughn to script his idea for The Break-Up (for which he also received story cred). That script sold at auction for a sweet $2.25 million. Nice gig if you can get it, eh?
- 29 Times Jennifer Lawrence Was a Badass on the Big Screen - POPSUGAR
- Watch Kristen Stewart in New Trailer (video) - HitFix
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Villains Revealed? - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' (video) - ScreenJunkies
- Everything We Know About 'The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron' - Vulture
- Why 1999 Was the Best VMAs of All Time - POPSUGAR
- David Letterman Remembers Robin Williams - Vulture
- Who's Been in Jimmy Fallon's 'Ew!' Skit? (video) - POPSUGAR
- What Show Deserves the Best Drama Emmy? - Vulture
- 'Friday Night Lights' Star Joins 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - ScreenCrush
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!