At the other end of the chart was An Inconvenient Truth (AKA that Al Gore movie of which you may have heard) which continued to do stunning business on just a handful of screens. Though it was only in 77 theaters this weekend, the movie nevertheless made over $1 million, good enough to make it the ninth-biggest earner over the past three days. Like last weekend, the film's per-screen average (over $17,000/screen this week) dwarfed the earnings of every other release.
The full top 10 is after the jump.
1. The Break-Up, $38.1 million
2. X-Men: The Last Stand, $34.4 million
3. Over the Hedge, $20.6 million
4. The Da Vinci Code, $19.3 million
5. Mission: Impossible III, $4.7 million
6. Poseidon, $3.4 million
7. RV, $3.3 million
8. See No Evil, $2.0 million
9. An Inconvenient Truth, $1.3 million
10. Just My Luck, $0.8 million