Additionally, the movie has been banned in five Indian states for fear it would cause unrest. Though, as with Pakistan, Christians make up a very small minority of the country's total population (less than 2%, according to Variety), there are states in which they are the majority, and several of those states experienced protests prior to the film's planned release. Though the rest of India -- including a handful of states in which Christians make up a large percentage of the population -- is flocking to see the movie (albeit with a "THIS IS FICTION" disclaimer), it cannot be seen in Punjab, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Andra Pradesh or Tamil Nadu.
- 'Big Hero 6' Directors Reveal Story Behind Wild New Trailer - Moviefone
- Jacki Weaver Talks Woody Allen, 'Magic in the Moonlight' - UInterview
- The Official 'Hateful Eight' Poster Is Here - ScreenCrush
- Honest Trailers: 'Divergent' (Video) - ScreenJunkies
- Iggy Azalea Will Be in 'Fast & Furious 7' - Vulture
- Who Should Be The Next Bachelor? - POPSUGAR
- James Gunn on Directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy' - Vulture
- 20 Summer Romance Movies to Stream Now - POPSUGAR
- The Movie That Made Robert De Niro Bankable - Vulture
- See All the Pictures From 'Mockingjay - Part 1' - POPSUGAR
Around the web
Stay Connected with Moviefone
Download the Free App!